Project Ford TW35

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to Oct 1988, this gent has just had a delivery of two new machines, U2 are No 1 in the charts with Desire, Petrol is 60p per litre and Margaret Thatcher is in her 9th year as the PM

what a luckey fella :D :D spot on pair off tractors

where did you get the flashing light  (beacon) from??

it looks great.  love the tw range.

Thank you. Beacon is from Brian Norman ;)

Nice Series II there Mark ;D

Thanks Colm  ;) ;) :D

what a luckey fella :D :D spot on pair off tractors

Cheers Bluefan :)

Looks beautiful Mark, I want it sooooo much, it's perfect, right down to the little side light / indicator pods on the mudguards, I'm in love .... Only one tiny weeny thing which would finish it off now.... get that rib off the MTX [presume they're MTX] fenders..... ;) I took mine back with a file and ultra fine sand paper on the TM and blew them over with primer and satin black aerosol and they look much more 'Ford-ey'... http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=24613.135 - 4th picture down, in need of another coat of black paint.....

Oh, and another thing I noticed....there's no steps on the 5610...?!

What's next for the MD love then....?

Thank you Simon :)

r.e. the mudguards - They'll do for me, old tractor now, they are spurious spare parts ;)

Don't quite follow your question about the 5610 steps  ???

Next project.......probably FORD 7840, or maybe something red :o

Thank you Simon :)

r.e. the mudguards - They'll do for me, old tractor now, they are spurious spare parts ;)

Don't quite follow your question about the 5610 steps  ???

Next project.......probably FORD 7840, or maybe something red :o

7840 yes red no thats swearing :D :D

Red.... ??? Noooooo.... 7840, can't wait to see what that turns out like when you set to it.....

5610.... long jump up into the cab.... ???

Ahhhhh gotcha :D    (it's a 6610) you had better speak to Dave Purdue about that one Simon ;)

As for the red - I've got to get a donor model and try and decide what rear wheels would suit it ::) could take a while :D

• 1 year later...

what happened to this tractor mark , do you still have it ? did you ever get some period discs for it ? maybe a resprayed set of coopers would suit it

& yes i a gree with sean , you should get a TW30 done to share a shed with it  :)

Thats a nice yoke the new boots look tidy on her ;)

Cheers mate  :)

what happened to this tractor mark , do you still have it ? did you ever get some period discs for it ? maybe a resprayed set of coopers would suit it

& yes i a gree with sean , you should get a TW30 done to share a shed with it  :)

Still sat in my cabinet Marcus, ought to do some discs really - but running out of room to display it all. Doubt I'll do a TW30 - I prefer the look of the Super Q  ;)

Marcus, this is a blue tractor. As chairman of the Massey Massive - is there something you'd like to share with us ??????

Thanks for the pic, I take it she's one you see on your travels, The old girls not a frontline machine anymore by the looks of her situation, but still in pretty good shape........

Hang on a minute.....you could be twisting my arm here mate  ;):laugh: 

Marcus, this is a blue tractor. As chairman of the Massey Massive - is there something you'd like to share with us ??? ???

Thanks for the picture, I take it she's one you see on your travels, The old girls not a frontline machine anymore by the looks of her situation, but still in pretty good shape........

Hang on a minute.....you could be twisting my arm here mate  ;):laugh:

well massey massive or not you have to admire the lengths the opposition will go to ,to try & compete  & ford didn't do too badly .  ;D 

yes it was taken on my travels mark , but when i walked up to it for a look round it wasn't as large as i remember them, i remember the TW's as huge giants of their time , but time goes on & as you get bigger the big things get smaller , bit like the supposition that wagon wheels are smaller than they used to be , truth is they havent changed size we have !

i wont twist your arm too much , after all , we want to see a decent conversion , not a one armed hashup  ;D:)