Farming action in the Wallonie (Belgium)

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Highlight of the day was a test of a new, "top secret" (after a while, the responsible person wanted me to stop taking pictures, a he believed I was a "spy"), full automatic row cultivator from the manufaturer MONOSEM, which I found by pure chance. The story is, that the MONOSEM precision drill creates a rather deep line into the soil. When later cultivating the crop, a dedicated detection wheel follows that line and thus enables more precise row cultivating than ever before, according to the manufaturer. Don't know if this is really a new or great idea, however, the representative of the firm made quite a fuss of it and the secretness of this innovation and the first test on this field. Well, that's not me problem, I can take pictures of mashines whereever I want as long as I stay on public ground, can't I? In case they want to keep it secret they should do their tests at nights or behind closed walls ...

cIMG_4772.jpg

cIMG_4777.jpg

cIMG_4781.jpg

cIMG_4784.jpg

cIMG_4785.jpg

cIMG_4786.jpg

cIMG_4787.jpg

cIMG_4790.jpg

cIMG_4792.jpg

cIMG_4799.jpg

cIMG_4800.jpg

Did I say highlight of the day? The real highlight of the day was the idea to make a short stop when passing the ARDO freezing factory for peas and beans at Geer, Belgium, (after passing only harvested, empty pea fields or field being prepared for seeding new peas or beans) and to ask one of the tractor drivers there, where harvest of peas or beans might be going on in the region. Well, the driver was very friendly a gave me a good description of the right way, here are some results ...

hIMG_4803.jpg

hIMG_4804.jpg

hIMG_4806.jpg

gIMG_4810.jpg

gIMG_4812.jpg

gIMG_4814.jpg

gIMG_4815.jpg

gIMG_4819.jpg

Nice to see the Maupu and the Joskin trailers, not something I see over hear unless it is in a box on a shelf or at a show!  :) Quite some size but then these guys have not got hedges and horrid little lanes to worry about.

The Ploegers look like mobile factories to me, huge great machines. Going back to the spinach harvester for a moment, it has a container inside it to load. Did you get any photo's of how it attaches and detaches the containers? It looks like a very precise operation, nearly as much as the peas.

Great photo's, I still find it amazing that you get to see so much machinery on action.  8)

• 3 months later...