Bale trailer supports

I'm trying to secure small rectangular bales to my blue flatbed trailer. How does everyone hold together a large number on any trailer? (short of gluing a huge bundle together!).

Is there a good match for farm twine or rope?

Hmm

If you want the ropes on it to add effect pull one or two strands of a teather rope an glue or tie it on-if your really gd you could do a slip know to!!

Hmm, I don't think I'm that good, perhaps too cack-handed to fiddle with miniscule straps and fibres! But some ideas for the future, thanks Stewart

Using Gavin's bale arrangements, I'm pondering what formation works best for my large blue bale trailer.

Ideally it would be two lines of five flat-8's, but it's slightly complicated by the presence of two large 'wooden' supports at either end! I like to display my models as they arrive from the box, but clearly they hadn't given much consideration to Britains bale (round or rectangular) dimensions when they made it.