Heath Superchaser

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry but i havnt been on much but i thought you were selling all your kit jez for the flat land of germany  ???:)

No mate, only the Jaguar forager for the motor bike fund but that may pay for this instead.

Cor it looks excellent mate.

Credit it to you sir  ;) ;)

Like Sean said, you don't hang around MB, it looks usable already! Impressive work double by speed aswell as quality.

Would you, if you had time, do a Topic on the tools you use, soldering and how you prepare the brass pieces. Not for this but a general How to use Brass type topic?

Like Sean said, you don't hang around MB, it looks usable already! Impressive work double by speed aswell as quality.

Would you, if you had time, do a Topic on the tools you use, soldering and how you prepare the brass pieces. Not for this but a general How to use Brass type topic?

I would appreciate that too mate.

All done to scale brass is practice really its frustrating at times do VERY! its taken me many years to get the hang of i use a €10 soldering iron nothing fancy, different lads have different ideas I guess, i dont use plastikard very much as like the strength you get from brass.

If MB has not the time to do a "how to project" i will put one up for the members.

At the mo with my job and college im short on time. For me personally i use an annex 25 Watt soldering iron, cut the parts with a junior hack saw and file them to shape or size, I get flux from radionics over here just called a silver core solder in the book. If your careful dont dirty the brass, if dirtied i use some emery paper to clean, then hold the parts together and apply the heat to melt the solder. Use a vice if necessary to hold the parts together. Thats my technique pretty much.

You have to get used to the frustration when it falls on the ground and you have to start again  >:( and mabye again >:(

You make it sound easy! The last bit I am used to, don't worry about that!! :D

Its not too bad once you keep the brass clean and just file off wny excess solder. Lads make working with plastruct easy which i find difficult  ::) i think have the bress clean apply the flux, clamp the joint ans apply the solder. clean the parts with fine emery if necessary before soldering and then lots of mistakes and practice ive scrapped many a model when they went wrong but if apiece falls its less likely to break with brass

Mate.........

I am lost for words........... it looks amazing indeed!!!

Are they the final wheels?

Again, looking superb.

I am waiting on some details of the lifter, I know how it orks from memory and the video gives you a good indication but i know you want it perfect.

Off for a week now yes?

Not the final wheels am making ones that have in the first pics for it. Will get another bit dine tomorrow the 7530 suits it perfectly and all the bits of thee chaser work gonna be one of my nicest models except it aint mine ha ha