Heath Superchaser

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes still have that to make its the most complex bit so will be last have to get the chassis finished first and the pusher for the tractor

Ok mate, next on my list is a scale model of a Quadrant 2100. then could you make me another...

ha Ha, looking gorgeous and as you say, the 7530 suits her like a gem..... or my 7810.................

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The pics aint the best as they are just with the phone, but its gonna be the nicest model to roll out of here I reckon, wabt to keep it now ha ha but she is for Jez and he has been patient. The loading mechanism is the hardest bit as there are so many small rams. and moving parts

Looking great there!!

I cannot wait to have it sat on my desk at work looking proud  8) 8) 8)

I am trying to get some close up pics of the mechanism but cannot get hold of my friend yet...

This will sit on either a Wiking 6930 or 7930....

Are you making the bar for the front too

Patience is fine mate... I know this is worth the wait.... As for splalding, maybe we can come to an arrangement  ;)

what can i say,model building at its best,that was obvious from the start,hope mine turns out as good..you are a true talented model builder and thats the first time ive said that but only when you scratch build such an item do you realise just what went into that chaser,10/10...perfection

what can i say,model building at its best,that was obvious from the start,hope mine turns out as good..you are a true talented model builder and thats the first time ive said that but only when you scratch build such an item do you realise just what went into that chaser,10/10...perfection

Well said B O R and I am not taking anything away from this build as I appreaciate the time patience and skill needed to do it having build in brass myself BUT I would say there are some truly skilled model builders here also, jdc, JC, Tractorman810, alpinefocus for example of a few. 

Like I say, I am not taking anything away from here, just adding my comment.

On another note, back to the bench young man, the crops are ripening!! :D :D 8)

Thanks for the comments Brian and everyone. Agreed there are some excellent builds on here as said and some first class tractor conversions and scratch builds. Alpine Focus makes top quality models and Martin Smith and also yoursel Brian, excellent foragers as well as many others. I wouldnt be as good at tractor conversions, I like to scratch built implements myself.

i know exactly whay you mean mb, i have really got into scratch build stuff now, lot more challanging than a convo, i still tinker in them, but preffer the planning drawing out and making af all the parts,not to forget  the constant boxes of plasters and ungluing of fingers that comes with it, but thats less than the burns you must get using brass  :D :D :D

I find it difficult to build two of the same scratch builds at one time. Mainly on more difficult models. Unless you have everything measured or drawn out it is difficult to recreate the same model again. I am going to try some styrene work shortly as I dont have much experience with it. Bras is quite expensve and slower to work with but I just like the strength and weight got from it.

How woul mixing brass and plastruct work using araldite I wonder

I find it difficult to build two of the same scratch builds at one time. Mainly on more difficult models. Unless you have everything measured or drawn out it is difficult to recreate the same model again. I am going to try some styrene work shortly as I dont have much experience with it. Bras is quite expensve and slower to work with but I just like the strength and weight got from it.

How woul mixing brass and plastruct work using araldite I wonder

i've mixed the two different materials before in scratch builds, they have come out ok.  Araldite is good as you get a good strong bond.

araldite does the trick for attaching small parts if necessary,brass is definetly more time consuming to work with but its the strenght that i find is hard to beat,im using more and more brass every implement i do.i always keep 1 of every new forager i build and then next time its ordered i take it out to workshop and measure off it