New here

Daryl

Yeah, too right Nick!

That said, I have viewed probably getting on for 10 times just for a giggle and read the replies.

Congratulations on your nearing marriage. Will you be buying her a little blue dress and a pan for feeding the chickens? To relive the fantasies of young lad with the 'Britains Girl'?

No? Just me then! I'll get my coat :-[

Yeah, too right Nick!

That said, I have viewed probably getting on for 10 times just for a giggle and read the replies.

Congratulations on your nearing marriage. Will you be buying her a little blue dress and a pan for feeding the chickens? To relive the fantasies of young lad with the 'Britains Girl'?

No? Just me then! I'll get my coat :-[

Think so tris :D

Welcome to the forum daryl. As another member said wait till you see some of the other model makers. And not to mention the convos.

Welcome to the fourm and congratulations on your marriage. Hopefully she will still let you buy farm toys  :D I'm just kidding, congratulations.

You can always encourage her to join the Forum and then Mandy, Toygirl and me (plus a few other occasional posters) will not feel quite so overwhelmed by chaps.  Not that it worries us of course. :D

Welcome to FTF. So you collect Britains only...just wait until you see some of the other stuff that by example UH makes. Thats when you will be needing to aply for a mortgage. ;);D ;D.

No- stick to vintage Britains, never cross with Universal Hobbies or any other make (sacrilege!)

You may begin with modest ambitions about getting those models you wanted as a kid, but be warned: it will consume you! :P

In little over 8 months I've aquired some 100 items (mainly from Ebay)

Well, thank you all for your comments.  I feel very welcome, which is more than can be said for some of the cliquey vw forums i've frequented in the past.  Incidentally, i've spent most of the afternoon under the camper van, laid in the damp, and thinking fondly of the times ahead that can be spent in the dry and warmth with my new hobby!

I'm overwhelmed a little by people's replys and views.  I only found this forum a few weeks ago and only registered this week.  Harvest time always unearthed my childhood memories and longing to get involved.  I had a ride in a JD combine when i was about 11, otherwise its been carpet wearing for me.  I reluctantly parked up my TR 85 when i was about 13.  I always longed for an 8000 series sperry newholland, and i've finally found one since joining here!  Thanks for your kind wishes regarding the wedding, which is 3 weeks today.  My dad asked me if there was anything i needed when he comes over next week, so i asked if he could nip in the loft and dig out my mb trac, tw35, mf2680 and whatever else he cab find! 

I have seen some of the models other companies produce, but my heart will always have a fondness for the toys that brought my childhood dreams alive.

I still remember, aged 4, my dad counting all the pennies and coins in my moneybox and telling me i finally had enough for an MF760.  It came in a straw box (i think thats what people in the know call them?) and my dad played his wurzels vinyl LP as i made my first carpet harvest!

Well, thank you all for your comments.  I feel very welcome, which is more than can be said for some of the cliquey vw forums i've frequented in the past.  Incidentally, i've spent most of the afternoon under the camper van, laid in the damp, and thinking fondly of the times ahead that can be spent in the dry and warmth with my new hobby!

I'm overwhelmed a little by people's replys and views.  I only found this forum a few weeks ago and only registered this week.  Harvest time always unearthed my childhood memories and longing to get involved.  I had a ride in a JD combine when i was about 11, otherwise its been carpet wearing for me.  I reluctantly parked up my TR 85 when i was about 13.  I always longed for an 8000 series sperry newholland, and i've finally found one since joining here!  Thanks for your kind wishes regarding the wedding, which is 3 weeks today.  My dad asked me if there was anything i needed when he comes over next week, so i asked if he could nip in the loft and dig out my mb trac, tw35, mf2680 and whatever else he cab find! 

I have seen some of the models other companies produce, but my heart will always have a fondness for the toys that brought my childhood dreams alive.

I still remember, aged 4, my dad counting all the pennies and coins in my moneybox and telling me i finally had enough for an MF760.  It came in a straw box (i think thats what people in the know call them?) and my dad played his wurzels vinyl LP as i made my first carpet harvest!

How good was the yield?  ;D