david brown 996 conversion

freds conversions

I really don't want to be critical but to the most avid and educated David Brown enthusiasts the 995 and 996 had different rear wheel centres and only the 14 series had the large air pre-cleaner in the middle of the bonnet as this was for the dry type air cleaner. 995 and 996 had the oil bath type with the 'mushroom' pre-cleaner positioned up the front just behind the nose cone seam.  ;) The bonnet side panels were shorter and only one wide raised pressing in the centre and two small ones, one at the top and one at the bottom. Also the headlamps were sealed beam units positioned in the nose cone. The gold grille louvre in the nose had by this time been deleted. Having said all that, I do appreciate that the Corgi 14 series D.B. tractor is a difficult and very restricted model to convert without major surgery.

this model is very close in size to the ford 5000 and 6600. also this model was built to a customers own tractor with the headlamps on the side of the bonnet. as for the wheels they are very dificult to get for this model and these are the only 16.9 /30 i could get the bonnet has been shortend by 8ml but had not got the proper air filter at the time so went with the corgi  version. but again pm me if intrested in one.i am working on an industrial version at preasent with a backactor.

not decided yet on what to use for the backactor

If it helps Fred, I built one using the frame of a Britain's Twose rear digger and the backactor arm from a cheap plastic JCB backhoe. Will post up a picture of it if you want.

Fred. Here is the David Brown ditcher digger that I made. A very simple convo based on the heavier one of the two types of real ones made. The tractor is a 1200 converted from a Corgi 1412.

DBDigger.jpg

• 4 weeks later...