A new board to share images of models from specialist makers where the model has either been produced from scratch or converted. The model must not be mass produced, e.g less than 1000 pcs. Makers include G&M Farm Models, G&M Originals, Tab Models etc.
As i've worked on dairy farms in my puberty an adolesence-time, i recall fine memories from working on a local farm using a Landini 6550 VeloxDrive.
So, collecting scalemodels with which i have a certain affinity, there should simply be a model of that type Landini.
But as you all probably know, there aren't that much scalemodels of Landini tractors.
So that kind of leaves the only possibilty to try to make one yourselfs. For that reason i purchased a model made by ROS, a Massey Ferguson 1014, since these models look quite the same, in real life as on scale. That purchase may be some 15 years ago, but it always was there, in the back of my mind, that the day would arrive to start re-shaping it to the Landini 6550. In the mean time i'm about four weeks busy now, and the result is coming to what i want it to be.
Time for some pictures now:
First of all some pictures of the original model from ROS, the MF1014:
Seems ther even was a collectors-set with a tracked-version, as shown above.
Now, dis-assembling wasn't that hard to do, but there was still a lot to re-shape, so saw and hand-file were needed a lot. For instance i assembled and mounted a drawbar and hitch (European version) to make the model look more realistic, and no longer a toy.
This is a picture i made from the frontpage of an original leaflet, which i collected bakc then, which shows the 1:1-version, almost like the one i've worked with:
Next thing to do is to put the die-cast body and parts into the paint-remover. Back when i've worked in a trading company which imported and recovered tractors, i got to know the difference between the paint remover sold at lumberyards, and the professional version a simple consumer cannot get anywhere. Well, that made a hell of a lot difference.
So, starting to work on the Landini-project, i dsicovered my stock was down to zero, and i had to visit a local car damage repair company, and ask them to sell me some new paint remover of professional quality. Simply because that does do the trick in minutes!
The next build of tractors from my past, this time a Ford 4610. I've started this one a bit differently to normal by using an element of cast parts. I'm also going to try and cast the bits as i go along as i fancy doing a Q cab version as well. Anyway, a start on the front bolster and a bit of a mock up of parts to get a feel for the build
A quick update from Manor farm, Wheat harvest is almost over in probably the easiest harvest weve ever had. Just beans to go and these can wait until after we have drilled some rapeseed. With rain expected this week we are all systems go on Monday 15th Aug. We bought a shop soiled 6 metre Horsch Tiger Drill from Manns of Saxham to use too plant most of our 500 acres. This requires a fair bit of pulling so we cut another deal with Claas to bring in an 450hp Axion 960 tractor.
Why an Axion? Its German designed for starters and both JD and Fendt's competitive machine's are on long lead times for supply and we needed a quality big tractor quickly. Also our Axion 870 has impressed us, its a good deal better than the old 850 we bought back in 2013 and has given us confidence. Claas have steadily upgraded and improved the whole Axion range and now its much closer to JD & Fendt in performance and yet still much cheaper to buy. We chose wheels over tracks as we must have the versatility tyres bring especially when hauling on busy roads. And probably more important than anything else, nobody is as good at service and maintenance as Claas, and HQ is 35 mins up the road!
Our Fendt 724 will be following behind the drill with our heavy gang rolls to ensure the coming moisture stays in the ground.
Next up I sprayed the wheels with some new Claas red spray, which was far better than the dull crud I bought last time.
The old style wheel weights were removed which left the three big holes beneath it, so I had to use a new pair of wheel weights to cover them, and to be honest the model looks great with them. The 960 with the impressive new style exhaust is almost as big as a Fendt 1050!!!
I painted the rear light cluster with some silver dots for effect. All thats left is a few decals to add which I havent got yet but the rest is finished.