BlackBox Cruizer Range

Stuarty C

At present we are considering purchasing a BlackBox Cruizer GPS system, got a price at £1800+vat. Has anyone bought one of these recently, is that a good price and are they any good.  http://www.patchwork.co.uk/Products/BlackBox/Cruizer.aspx

Also for any of the Northern Ireland/Irish boys who are the dealers? the only one i can find is Tom Merron  :-\

Thanks in advance, help will be much appreciated.

Stuart   

my neighbour bought one there a month or so ago. he seems well pleased with it, means he can spread fertilizer at night now. since it reduces overlaping when sowing all he has to do is save three ton of fertilizer and the gps is paid off!

not sure of any dealers though but i think his was bought through the big world wide web :D :D

Nash we run this yoke on the maxxum, its right enough but no way portable in our eyes about 3 metre of cable you get with it  :D its not like the JD ones where you can just take the unit of and clip her on another machine, i think the gps is 1.5 inch out so there is always an over lap on the next squar another thing she sometimes gets confussed on what way to show the line for the next squar she'll sometimes put the line on the other side of the fence of the field your in  :D, another thing the monitor is touch screen which we find is a massive let down cos if the screen is dirty she'll not pick up your finger  :-\

Hmmm that's not so good Murray  :-\  are contractor has one, think he got it second hand of a mate, but he has it in the mx for drilling and then puts it in the 956 for spraying. didn't realize it was so much hassle to change it  :-\

Well thanks to Murray ive been shopping around, and found a  EZ-Guide® 500 Guidance System looks to be a far better system, bigger and cheaper. Once again i would like your expert opinion lads  ::) ::)???

Well we have 2 of these at work one goes straght into the steering system while the other turns the wheel with a motor and as far as can gather from the boss he rates them highly!  Accuracy is very good but I'm not sure what accuracy he has.  As you can understand the system wired straght into the steering stays there permantly but switches between Combine and Claas 697 but thats just the monitor nothing else everything else stays put and steering one can be moved not bad to do as was previously on artic till moved to magnum.  But looks like you are looking at the light based system which is very good as start off basic system if isn't gonna be used all the time

thanks Pingu

were not interested in the steering system as its not huge acres we work with and perhaps wont be used as much as were not contractors. I think ill talk to the boss and may go for the EZ-Guide  ;D

We had planned on putting it in the MC135 which we use for fert, and wanted to be able to transfer it into the 885 which is use for spraying, (only a small 600 sprayer) may need a bigger sprayer for the 135 now ::) ::)

My neighbour has a Cruizer and I have a EZ Guide 500 - in terms of accuracy they're much the same using the basic egnos correction. Great for fert, rolling and spraying but not accurate enough to drill by. I think the ez guide has better software and upgradeability, but the Cruizer is the one patchwork are pushing for variable rate fert spreading.

If you are only using the lightbar, the screen won't matter too much but I'd say the EZ guide is marginally better.

If I recall correctly, there is a choice of antennae with both units - buy the 'better' more expensive one as this improves the accuracy if you are in weak signal areas.  :)

well Stuart our box broke as its in the maxxum 24-7 we was doing alot of discing and rolling infront of the seeder there in april as you do the box broke because the bouncing around over the furrow, due to this we sent it of and they sent a brand new top of the range box back what a hell of a difference got it back today like and its far easier to use and has alot more options than the last one. so i am chuffed with it now  :-\ :D