Miscellaneous pictures from the last couple months

stewart7225

These pictures are all from the United States... Hoxie, Kansas if you want more specifics.  I am not sure if you guys are interested in seeing how things are over here or not so we will give this a try and see what happens.

Rather than repost everything, I think I will let you guys follow the links to the posts on other websites. 

http://toyfarminllc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=real&action=display&thread=897

http://toyfarminllc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=real&action=display&thread=1096

Cant link to these two so here they are

Dad planting dryland corn a couple weeks ago, field was partially strip tilled on ends to remove some compaction.

Case IH 7130 with 1200, 8 Row planter

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Doing some wheat stubble

IMG_0495.jpg

Fertilizer/seed pickup (GMC Sierra 2500)

IMG_0486.jpg

My pickup (Dodge Dakota)

IMG_0489.jpg

Now for the neighbor out planting, he is running a MX305 on an 8 row Kinze planter.  Everyone running RTK guidance in this area has been having some major problems, lets just say that their combine operator is going to be frustrated.

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Here are the two videos that I made of them planting. Let me know what you think.

7130 and 1200 planter

305 and Kinze

and the last one

The same neighbor that has been out planting with the MX305 and kinze has been having a lot of problems this spring.  He failed to plan ahead with the hybrids of corn he is planting so he now has a few hundred acres of volunteer corn that he cant kill by spraying. I was enlisted to go work on a 40 acre patch that had been converted from flood to drip irrigation this spring (reason behind the ridges)

I hooked up the AGCO and the fallowmaster in an attempt to solve part of his problem

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

I had to work around these risers that control the different sections of drip tape

IMG_0515.jpg

Field is looking very bad at this point

IMG_0514.jpg

After working on the neighbors ground it was time to go do some of ours.  All the ground that we had ripped last fall and chiseled earlier this spring was still very rough and needed going over to get rid of the weeds anyways.

Kind of an awkward transport system with an extra 7 foot on one side of the tractor

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

Spring, Part #3 - spraying should be coming soon.  There will also be some more pictures of working summerfallow in a couple weeks

Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing any more pictures from out this way.

I believe by headers you refer to what we call a combine, if I remember correctly.

A few pictures of our machine from last years wheat harvest

We have a CIH 2188, its about 8 or 9 years old now and it has seen plenty of use so it might be leaving the farm in a few years for a newer model.

We used to run a CIH 7130 magnum 2wd on an 850 bushel grain cart but the cart was to heavy for it and we traded off an older tractor for the AGCO in the other pictures so that is now the grain cart tractor.

combine1.jpg

Not the same AGCO, this was 2 years ago when we rented one

combine5.jpg

The neighbor runs the 305 on the planter because thats his only tractor other than an IH 1086 that runs a grain auger.  He has that tractor to pull a ripper because when they install the drip irrigation, they bury it 16 inches below the surface.

I assume you mean claflin kansas, this should show you the distance http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=hoxie+kansas&daddr=claflin+kansas&hl=en&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=38.522442,-98.537617&sspn=0.231535,0.615234&ie=UTF8&z=9

I will be sure to post more pictures as we go along in the year

Thanks, Austin

I hope to see more lovely pictures in this topic. A few years back i was in kansas. We drove from garden city to wichita and from there back to texas. For the first time we have seen there a feedlot. It is unbelievable how big they are. Also been to dodge city to see the wyatt earp street.

Texas