siku hitch on britains tractor

leylandboy

Question

9 answers to this question

show the results then ;D ;D , glad to hear you managed first one done you'll be busy converting everything now ;D ;D

I started converting a trailer today  ;)  When i got the New Holland T6070 i wasnt to sure about it because i knew the britains hitches were rubbish and all my tractors are for playing with. Well i bought this model because i just had to have it so i took it home and put it in the cupboard and it sat there for ages until yesterday when i decided to have a go at putting a siku hitch on. So first of all i sent Pete E a pm, asking him how to do one and he told me so first i snapped off the hitch. Then i found a old siku hitch so i drilled a hole in it and the little bit on the back of the tractor which i think was for the hitch. After all of that i superglued them together and stuck a small screw through the holes and it works great and i am very pleased with myself since its my first conversion.

Well enough of my chit chat here is some photos

First of all the Tractor. and then the hitch  ;)

DSCF1642.jpg

DSCF1643.jpg

Next a top veiw and a bottom veiw of the hitch

DSCF1652.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

the siku hitches are far better than the britains

That could be the understatement of the century Pete!!!!

The only way I could get the current generation Britains hitch to stay up was with a piece of card wedged between the hook & bracket.... total sh***  ::)

The NH looks a useful tool now Aaron.

I put a Siku hitch on an Ertl 8670 and it made it a super toy, very easy to do on that particular tractor too....

That could be the understatement of the century Pete!!!!

The only way I could get the current generation Britains hitch to stay up was with a piece of card wedged between the hook & bracket.... total sh***  ::)

The NH looks a useful tool now Aaron.

I put a Siku hitch on an Ertl 8670 and it made it a super toy, very easy to do on that particular tractor too....

Well when the NH had the britains hitch on it, all of the trailers got tickled in the wheels