scratch built diesel tanks

nick henton

Question

hi everyone

thanx for the tips on grain silos ive started on that today when i get the digital camera sorted will put some photos on. in the mean time im considering trying to make my own diesel tank as ive got 3 tractors stood idol with no go go juice ;D:) :) :);D anybody got any ideas

cheers guys nick

3 answers to this question

I must admit, I cheated and bought ready made. Only because of the quality and price of . . . . George Pooles fuel tanks. However, you wish to make your own so good for you. A half 'make your own' measure could include the tank from a written off Britains fuel/milk tanker, make your own stilts to stand it up on? An approach taken by many farmers. :)

cheers for that guys i have an old slurry injection tanker from britains i never thought of using that just shows how new i am to the modeling world dir brain ;D just thinking on my toes i wonder how easy it would be to build a bed on the chassis for bales ect ect?????????? must stop thinking like that my head hurts now