lime spreading scene

tinycoll

Question

Hi all was gonna make a lime spreading scene for a show but its one thing i dont know much about so your help is required any details i should include . a few things im wondering about are is it mostly carried out on grassland stubble or ploughed ground and would the uh amazone spreader be suitable in real life for lime spreading advice appreciated

19 answers to this question

lime is one of those things that can be spread on many surfaces same as normal fertilizer 

where i work we spread lime on our Lucerne every four years

the Uh Amazon spreader is suitable for the job that what i would use 

cheers

Reece

the uh amazone is ok but in reality youd have to change the discs on the back because lumps of lime would damage the fertiliser ones you might remove the grid inside aswell i had this done for the carlow show but be careful if you do take up the grid because its weak so just work slowly around it and lime in powder form would mostly be spread on grassland because it takes a year to work properly and then the following year the ground might be reseeded thats what we did this year spread 2 tons to the acre and will start reseeding the whole farm slowly over the next few years but if you buy prilled lime then its fast acting and can be used when sowing  ;)

I just did a spred on my barely paddock of 4 t /acre sweeten it up for the grass,  you folks must have lumpy lime, we dont change any thing other than the spred rate

in a older Classic tractor mag there is a outfit in aussie that spreads lime with Mb tracs, might be of some help for you

I saw that, Nick. The MB's were stretched too wen't they by an Aussie company?

Also in another mag, can't remember which there is 20,000hr Fastrac that was rolled in NZ and it's out again spreading fertiliser and lime etc good as new!!

I saw that, Nick. The MB's were stretched too wen't they by an Aussie company?

Also in another mag, can't remember which there is 20,000hr Fastrac that was rolled in NZ and it's out again spreading fertiliser and lime etc good as new!!

That was a cool looking thing!

We had lime spread by SG Deakins and they used a big Amazone spreader similar to the UH one, on the back of a 718 or something or other.... So if it's limespreading you're doing, you should be spot on with that mate....

nice shots there looks well  ;) ;)  i always thought lime was a sandy colour? or does lime vari in colour  ??? ???

lime is white but quarries add sand and other things to it ours is a grey colour and looks exactly like cement when its dry if you look at the docket the quarry sends out it give you a break down of whats in the lime