Mini veg. packer

B O R

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here im holding one of the sections by only the front box section showing the immense strenght of the brass build.......the soldering of such a model is vitally important to its strenght

post-1779-132639363354_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got back to the packer today,it took me a while to track down suitable cups...i couldnt find anything totally correct so i bought birthday candle holders..problem is that the whole 80 of them had to be modified to suit..it took me nearly 3 hours to get through the 80 of them..they will be painted red before fitting...YOU CAN SEE THE STANDARD CANDLE HOLDER IN THE FRONT AND BEHIND IS THE PARTLY MODIFIED VERSIONS...

post-1779-13263938686_thumb.jpg

post-1779-13263938692_thumb.jpg

at present this model has consumed 46 hours and a few to go yet,im hoping to get it ready to paint tommorrow and then ill be adding everything up...this will work out a very expensive model but at least i know now 1st hand whats involved and to be honest id be happy enough if it was a one off after all the fiddly work involved,certainly a challenge

all of the cup holders had to be removed and refitted at further apart spaces today,sometimes i get driven mad....however i got them done and the model and the cups are now painted....ill be letting it sit now all day tommorrow before working at the next stage.....i will be posting up my itemised bill at the end of this subject,i already know what the price is for the next one but i wont reveal it yet....to date ive spent 50 hours so when you think about it any tradesman working for you for 50 hours will be handing you a significant bill so my model making is no different....im glad i posted up all the build pics as you probably wouldnt see the work involved if i just showed you the finished painted model..people often ask can i build a cheap model,yes i can but itll be a link box or bale lifter or similar..complex builds require time and lots of it and the mental strain some days of work like this can be totally tiring...and im getting asked all the time about even more complex items than this,things that could run into 10 days easily..the only other model ive build equally as time consuming as this was the HEATH SUPERCHASER which took me 8 days and a day of research to complete so god knows whatll be along after this

here is the model painted..ill not be touching this now for at least 24hours....no i havent gone colour blind and missed the blue paint..the packer comes in blue with yellow cups or green with red cups,the green and red being the order this time

post-1779-132639388945_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639389421_thumb.jpg

and here are the cups painted....to avoid hand painting them i havent yet cut off the stem of the candle holders,this will be done when they harden as the stem was handy for sticking them down into the cardboard box for spraying

post-1779-132639389515_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639389622_thumb.jpg

there is still quite a long way to go yet..attaching all the cups,hydraulic hoses,lights,decals etc etc...... and then fitting it to the 5455 before saying goodbye......ill be getting through it over the next 5 days or so hopefully

.....i will be posting up my itemised bill at the end of this subject,i already know what the price is for the next one but i wont reveal it yet....

You are sharing your prices and costs?

:of

Why?

well Jez,as ive put up so many of the build pics i know ill have some people emailing me for a price,so im thinking in this case of such a complex model build that ill just show forum members exactly what costs are involved in building something like this,itll, save a few people emailing me for a price.The thing that may put most people off is not only the price but also the fact that i would not be posting a delicate model like this so my customers will be limited and thatll suit me ok as to be honest i wouldnt want to be doing too many more of these veg packers....