Ferguson Restore Project

A bit unusual with the single main fuel tank and the small petrol tank one side of the battery, is it a small battery or does the battery sit on a tray behind your heel? The vaporising manifold is a little unusual as well, I should like to know what it says in the casting on the sideplate.

i think the tvo conversion was done by loddon thats what it'll say o n the manifold does seem strange to have the two seperate tanks was probably cheaper as you bought the conversion kit and the little tank rather than a new big twin compartment tank?

That's what I thought, a straight petrol model that has in its very early life been converted to TVO, that would explain it. Vapormatic supplied a very similar conversion kit for the T20, consisted of the vaporising manifold, exhaust bend, small petrol tank, all the fuel pipes, carbourettor spacer and some other bits. Converting this engine, and other straight petol engines, required the fitting of two head gaskets to lower the compression. I'll ask my Nephew if he can get me a copy of the exploded parts and list of the Vap conversion kit they supplied and if so I'll post it up, I know they have it in their archive, I've seen it. Would be of interest to Marky too I reckon.