Dowdeswell Rotavator

B O R

I have wanted a rotavator now for some time..i completed the build of 4 dowdeswells today....I have built 2 x 80" machines..1x 100"machine and also 1x 120" which im keeping for myself....The 2x 80" and 1x 100" are for sale......I will not be doing more of these,i found them a frustrating build and today i counted 24 different parts which ive hand made in the build.....I will now be moving on with new projects

post-1779-132639600518_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639600545_thumb.jpg

and now the scene on the brochure almost recreated.....a dbp 390t on a 80".................. the rotavator in the pic is in fact a 90 series and my model is the heavier duty 130series,but not far away for a brochure reconstruction

post-1779-1326396012_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639601249_thumb.jpg

it wasnt easy picking a model that i thought would be popular with most....ive been asked if ill be doing howard 80s and 90s and 100" and also maschio etc etc....unforunately the answer is no....these are all very different machines and if i was to take them all on id be stuck at rotavators for weeks and weeks....i prefer just to pick machines at random that i want for my collection and build a few and then move on to a new project,you can imagine what it was like when i was model building full time and one person wanted a foragerm,another a baler,another a ridger,another a plough...i found myself knee deep in parts for everything that sometimes took me months shifting thus holding any wage i should have been pulling out...i like to be moving on and now im happy that i have a rotavator at long last for myself.....ive been model building flat out all over xmas and slowly getting things finished up because i want my bench clear for my next build which is a trailed activ m combine builtfrom scratch....ill probably be a few weeks at that so need a clear head whilst at it....

ive only just recently began making my lifelong dream of the whole potato set up...so far ive now a rotavator,plough,ridger,bedtiller,stonefork and flat bed trailer,so i still need a planter,destoner an dare i even say it a harvester..the thought of the harvester is always with me but 1st itll be the planting diarama......if and when i ever get it finished itll make a nice display,ass would the harvester but the work involved will be immense and the cost of making it will be as well,but one day