getting a new rota spreader

big 10-4

well , I eventually bought a hi spec, i didnt buy the bigger 10.5 cu one instead going for the 8 cu        I only had the 100hp claas i think the 6 cyl 7840 would have managed the 10.5 cu no bother but hey ho deeds done the larger one also had the larger wheels which would have been better really giving me more spreading days without  ground damage

choice up here for me was between a major, smaller for the same money, fleming ,the guy didnt get back to me with an up to date price though I later found out it would have been a smaller version for the same money, a Marshall which i was told would look shabby sooner than the hi spec due to a better quality paint job  on the hi spec , i don`t know the truth of that one and finally an agrimac which in the end  was more expensive than the hi spec..... but only because I was happy to take the smaller machine  the dealer had available at the old pre increase price...the agrimac was 9 or 9.5 cu  for at the time just a few quid under £4000 .

it was also about having a close by dealer hence the limit of my search to that amount of makes.. I remain happy with my choice although as I say , today i`d probably have gone for the bigger one therefore its likely it may have been cheaper to buy the agrimac.I`m told the quality of finish is lower on them however.

well , I eventually bought a hi spec, i didnt buy the bigger 10.5 cu one instead going for the 8 cu        I only had the 100hp claas i think the 6 cyl 7840 would have managed the 10.5 cu no bother but hey ho deeds done the larger one also had the larger wheels which would have been better really giving me more spreading days without  ground damage

choice up here for me was between a major, smaller for the same money, fleming ,the guy didnt get back to me with an up to date price though I later found out it would have been a smaller version for the same money, a Marshall which i was told would look shabby sooner than the hi spec due to a better quality paint job  on the hi spec , i don`t know the truth of that one and finally an agrimac which in the end  was more expensive than the hi spec..... but only because I was happy to take the smaller machine  the dealer had available at the old pre increase price...the agrimac was 9 or 9.5 cu  for at the time just a few quid under £4000 .

it was also about having a close by dealer hence the limit of my search to that amount of makes.. I remain happy with my choice although as I say , today i`d probably have gone for the bigger one therefore its likely it may have been cheaper to buy the agrimac.I`m told the quality of finish is lower on them however.

We run a Marshall 105 (10.5 cu) and its a great spreader but it is true that the paint job is rubbish. we've had it just over two years and a lot of the paint is flaking off. The actual spreading capabilities are fine though (we run it on a Ford 7610 which is around the recomended hp).

i am biased but the hi spec are very good machines very over engineered just check the bearings out there huge! the built quality is also some of the best if you want to run the spreader on a smaller tractor just ask your dealer to swap the small drive sprocket from 14tooth to 13tooth surprising the difference at how much easier it is to drive                                                                  http://www.hispec.net/html/sidespr.html