walford 24hr ploughing marathon and tillage photos (plenty of big kit)

jordantaylor

hi, i just thought id let you guys know about the 24 hour ploughing marathon im taking part in.

all us second year agriculture students at walford college are taking part in the ploughing marathon.

we are aiming to plough 80 hectares in 24 hours using a valtra and 6f kuhn plough and a john deere and greggor besson 6f plough.

there are also 60 hectares that local dealers are going to be demoing kit.

companies such as john deere, new holland, grimme, lemken, kuhn, and many many more, dealers are bringing down such machinery as cat challengers and lots of cultivation kit. its is open to the public and is on the 16th & 17th september at sydney farms ltd based in telford.

this is a great oppertunity to see a range of machinery opperating and i hope a few of you can make it down. especially if you live in the shropshire area. i can give more details as us students are given them

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a great day :) but are you seriously trying to do 200 acres in 24hrs with total of 12 furrows? Between 17 furrows were doing 120 in 16 hrs just land work in big fields.  But wish you best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

the walford college 24hr ploughing marathon and tillage demonstration day was a great success.

we had been set a target of ploughing 210 acres in 24 hours. we had a john deere 6930 premium with 5f greggior bessen plough and a massey ferguson 6490 with 5f kuhn plough.

we ended up getting ahead of shedule as after 13 hours of ploughing we had already ploughed 140 acres.

i was ploughing in the massey and was running her at about 9kmh in mainly loamy soil but with clay in places.

here are some photos of some of the kit that was there

post-2337-132639942132_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639942165_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639942228_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639942264_thumb.jpg

Wonderful shots, Jordan. Really nice captures there buddy. Plenty of dust from the dry sandy soil up there. Not too many bods in the backgrounds spoiling the pics either  :) I did notice the big RoGator sprayer, did the play with the suspension at all so you could see the clearance?

they did yes, i must say its a hell of a machine, i also got to drive one of the cat challengers round the site for the dealer. it was the choice of 1 of 2 challengers or a fendt 936 so i took the oppertunity and had a go with a few other college mates that went on the other machines