Britains collector in Siku Shock Horror!

bigbear

I've been a die-hard Britains collector for ages and have hardly glanced at other makes, but have recently been given some Siku tractors and have to say how pleased I am with them! I've both 1/32 and 1/87 vehicles and especially like the 1/87 versions. A few questions arise, though:

1) Is there a definitive collector's checklist of the 1/87 models?

2) Are the towing hitches, etc. compatible with Britains?

3) What is this steering knob I've been reading about? None of my Siku tractors seem to have them.

and finally:

4) Does the 1/72 range exist, or is it simply the 1/87 mis-quoted? Some of the trailers seem very large in this scale too, any comments on that, please?

Hope somebody can shed light on all this for me!

Hi John

A few answers

2) Yes they are

3) you may mean the roof knob which is on some newer Siku models, for example the Fendt Agritechnica has one, it is basically a small beacon shaped white knob that allows steering from the roof

I'd stick with 1/32 scale but that's just me  ;D

Hi Lee, Thanks for that, I will continue with 1/32 for sure, but I just fancy some little tractors too - might fill up some corners in the cabinets!

Dominic, Thanks for the offer, but no thanks - strangely, my wife came home tonight with a bagful of old 1/72 stuff - mainly model railway - but among it was this model and a couple of other old ones.

Looks like both the 1/72 and 1/87 ranges are limited when compared to the 1/32 one, but there are some nice little models in there!