The wheel of life has done a full circle.

Thought I'd share whats been happening over the last few weeks with those who know me.

Having been dairy farming in the north island for the last 3 years I've returned home to Canterbury with wife in tow.With a few family members poor health combined with having been let down by the my boss in the north island time and time again I applyed for a job and got it on an all arable farm near Christcurch for my wife(new holland chick) to work and near my family.Having been on the job a few weeks now all seems to be going well the wages are alot beter and the boss is happy with how fast I've picked things up.

I work on the farm on my own most of the time while the owner steps in when needed.The farm is 330ha of irragated firm silt soils the key crops grown under min-tillage are grass seed and 1st and 2nd spring wheats with brake crops such as onions,fodder beet and OSR also grown.Straw burning is seen as a good thing by the owner (and myself) and most of straw is burnt,some in the spring time ahead of planting.

A New Holland T7070 autopower with 2cm autostreer replaces a Case CVX 1170 as the farms main tractor.

A few pictures that I hope to add too over the years :)

post-582-0-12864300-1350074046_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-33596900-1350074080_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-15717100-1350074179_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-00979300-1350074207_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-33682600-1350074235_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

On the work front, well done big man. Nice kit to be going on with. The CVX would have done me but that New Holland is the icing on the cake. Plus, Case Chick don't quite sound the same!

On the family side of things, Ol. I do wish you all well mate, I hope the ill health is not an ongoing affair and you being there is as much a help for yourself as for your family.

• Like 1