A Global Farm Toy Industry

Rick

Bill I know you can't speak for other companies but I am wondering if you think we are going to see more of a global approach in the farm toy industry?  In the past North American has had companies that build farm toys for their region.  Europe, too for their area.  But Im wondering if we are going to see a global approach where, Siku, UH, Britians, RC2 and others try to move into markets outside their traditional area as well as into scales that are non traditional for them?  We do see some but not what is possible.......

Im not asking for an offical position just your opinion if possible....

Thanks Rick

On that note can I butt in with a quick question, would you be able to list the markets in order of their size Bill. Just out of interest really. Be interesting to see where the most models get sold and where there is only a little interest in the models/toys.

I guess I don't truly understand your question, maybe you can elaborate for me?

If you're asking why Siku and UH does not sell more product into North America, maybe you should ask them and not me.  RC2 is selling farm toys everywhere we can including Australia, China, Europe, North America, South America, etc..

I would have to say that North America is by far the largest market for farm replicas.  When you consider what RC2 does, and add in all of the other manufacturers.

I would have to say that the largest worldwise market is still for 1/16th product (includes UH and Bruder).

2nd place is probably a toss up between 1/32nd and 1/64th worldwide.  Obviously 1/64th is much larger than 1/32nd in North America, but 1/32nd is bigger everywhere else.

I'm not at liberty to discuss sales in more detail.