vintage classic silage day

1 hour ago, walsh35 said:

even held on june 1

I wonder how much soil that JF is picking up with the tractor running on the swath into the ground.  A teaspoon of soil will contaminate a ton of soil, spoiling fermentation. As a national silage competition winner 40 years ago, our contractor moaned at me having to run on the extreme edge of the last swath with our wide tyres when mowing as I pulled him up for not picking up the 3, 5' rows into one cleanly with his Jag 80 self-propelled and asked him to set his pickup lower geopordising his tine wear!!!.....and ours were the smoothest fields he worked in.

Otherwise nice to see the JD3765 storming along as usual. Ran alongside one for a few thousand acres before the Mengele SH40N , Mengele 6500 & Jag 840.

Some of those trailers need to drive closer....and on reflection the JF is nearer the trailer when picking up those squashed rows. Here endeth the 1st lesson......

• Like 2