john deere 6410 ploughing

pistol pete

I took it up with the 6820 before i started spreading dung on the same field we usualy take up the press with the other tractor.if we are ploughing with the 68 we sometimes dont bother with the wieght box. the 64 does most of the ploughingthough as our 68 is used for contracting at the tatties both t planting and lifting. 

I know they are cracking machines, this one on a x plate was bought second hand last year it still has only 2330 hrs on it. does most of the baling contract rapping and most of the ploughing. ther're aintmuch difference in time between a 4 and 6 furrow anyway.

I know they are cracking machines, this one on a x plate was bought second hand last year it still has only 2330 hrs on it. does most of the baling contract rapping and most of the ploughing. ther're aintmuch difference in time between a 4 and 6 furrow anyway.

There is in daily output we could cover 15 acres more a day with the MF 8240 on 6 furrows then when we had the MF 3125 on 4 furrows

YE it sounds likeyou cover a bit more ground with the six. but then there is the cost of the plough and the need for two big tractors. we are just a small farm. the guy that we work for at the tatties must have about 2500 acres and they still run 2 4furrow vary widths the same as us. they have two workers ploughing at 2 weeks at a time. he says he likes the 4 as the headlands are smaller.