Leyland

Xylon524

What a lovelly video look at these workhorses doing the silage bless um!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvAE9Np4dMY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=82fwsA4hd20&feature=related

Nice to see a Kidd Multi-chop in action, only had CLAAS Jag 60s, NH 719 or JD 3760/5s round here in the 80s which were all louder than that, but maybe we chopped finer?

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute magic to watch. See........you don't need a couple of hundred grands worth of kit to make some silage. I bet the cab on the Leyland is very noisy, hot and stuffy.......... and the driver is enjoying every minute of it. (Oh how I wish I had sound on my 'puter)  I'm a great believer in the older kit. It does the job just as well as the new stuff. You only need new tractors to keep drivers happy if they aren't fans of the classics. The older stuff is lighter on the ground and the end result is just as good. Ok it's not as fast but doing it yourself must cut down production costs dramatically.

I don't recognize the forager, apart from it being a Kidd. Is it a precision chop and what year were they made?  ;):)