Our Pig Barns.

margerisons

Thanks for the reply,I've never worked with pigs but it's somthing that has always seemed interesting to me.

The next lot....... :)

Can you grow spuds or beet on land that has been heavly manured with pig slurry??? (my mate in germany reckons that you an get away with it on onions but spuds is harder in a dry year.

Do you add water to the slurry before spreading to make it run beter???

Do you put slurry on wheat with a dribble bar in the spring??? I've seen that done with pig slurry in Sweden but it looked a messey way of getting rid of the slurry with all the wheelings in and out of the paddock.

Whats the pig slurry do to the PH of your soil???

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply,I've never worked with pigs but it's somthing that has always seemed interesting to me.

The next lot....... :)

Can you grow spuds or beet on land that has been heavly manured with pig slurry??? (my mate in germany reckons that you an get away with it on onions but spuds is harder in a dry year.

Do you add water to the slurry before spreading to make it run beter???

Do you put slurry on wheat with a dribble bar in the spring??? I've seen that done with pig slurry in Sweden but it looked a messey way of getting rid of the slurry with all the wheelings in and out of the paddock.

Whats the pig slurry do to the PH of your soil???

Sorry for not replying to this,About growing spuds or beets I dont got a clue as we dont grow spuds or beets with pig slurry.we havnt had to put water in the slurry yet but rain water gets it in.yeah we've seen it done like that and it can be messy we do it too but it helps the crops grow.about pig slurry and PH levels in the soil you have to be careful about how much you put in and at farm safety meetings they warned us too much pig slurry can kill off all plant life in the field and they should us pictures of one farm on Quebec that had dead grass just lying there hpoe that helps any more question fire them ahead ;)

my cousins and uncle decided to move over and we are putting our farms together so we need bigger machinery to move more silage.we had troubles with the krone machinery too and getting parts became a hassle so we are getting a claas this time.then the kanes are off to the sales yard.the only two tractors we kept where the agrotron 150.7's and there to go on the pit. ;)

ok well all the Krone stuff went as getting parts was becoming a huge hassle and then the big x's always had problems when it came to maize.heres the old list:

2 NH TM190 -these were traded in as there too small for the joskins

2 Deutz Fahr Agrotron 150.7 -we kept these for pit work.

2 Lamborghini R6 150.7 -traded them in

6 Kane Trailers 16tonners -traded in

2 Krone Big X SPFH's -took alot of fuel and could be problematic

1 Krone Big M -took alot of fuel and we decided triple mower sets suited us better

2 Krone Butterfly -mowers parts were hard to get

2 Lamborghini R7 - traded in for higher horse as we are going to plough

1 Deutz Fahr Agrotron 165MK3 -was an old 9 year tractor which we put on the pit till it broke

1 Case large square baler-  sold it to our cousins

1 hesston 12ft mower- sold it to our cousins

2  cultivatotors-these weren't new went we bought them and were quite beaten and now there worse so we are trading them

2 18ft vaderstad seed drills-the place we sourced our parts of vaderstad doesnt have them any more.

1 Mantiou M.L.A.-this we kept for work in the shed and for pit work if its needed

heres the new revised list:

6 Deutz Farh Agrotron M650

6 Joskin Silo-space 20/40 45M

3 Deutz Fahr Agrotron L720 (replaced the R7's)

3 TaarUp 5090MT BX Mowers (replaced the Krone Mowers)

3 7F Kverneland Ploughs

2 Kverneland Taarup 80111T Tedders

2 Kverneland Taarup 91150C Rakes

2 Kverneland Accord Optima 16 Row planters

We are heavily dependent on  Kverneland group machinery but there are more than one places where were we can get parts for them and there parts arent expensive either.

hold on now you said you bought 18 kane 20 t0nners at the start of the spring with the krone bigx's but i would say kane would have still been building some the trailers in that space of time and if you only got the krone big x's at this year and have sold them already you would have bearly started maize