The ties that bind: round bale fixing

CMB

Question

I'm sure I'm not the first to realise this, but I've found a really good use for paper treasury tags. Expert model makers may smirk but they're really useful for a quick fix.

I was pondering how to hold down the round bales on my flatbed when I found a box of these tags and wondered if the steel ends would fit in the centre holes of Britains vintage round bales. Hey presto- they did! ;D. They can be bought an most stationers and post offices (those that haven't yet closed)

P9290646.jpg

7 answers to this question

• Slightly flatten the steel ends and thread the cord through any of the tie holes. (With the blue flatbed, I found it neccesary to remove both the uprights to get to the tie holes).

I tried to do the same with the Magic Deutz flatbed but the 14cm ties weren't long enough to reach round. I've no idea if it works on the newer flatbed trailer.

P9290640.jpg

P9290645.jpg

looks good!!.....i thought all the flatbeds were the same?? :-\ :-\....having said that, i couldnt get my old animal transporter box to fit on the trailer :-\ :-\

I think the lorry flatbeds have bigger axles. The cotton cords on mine wouldn't stretch far enough to fit into the bales.