round bale unwinder/unroller

big 10-4

Andy there is a red one I think, I am sure there is one on the farm where I used to work. I'm not likely to be down there for a while and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it, only that it was red. Idela for straw though probably not for this seasons bales  :-\

• 3 months later...

aye the grays one you used to clamp the ends of the bales and drive forward,we got an old one for the hydraulic ram ,used it afew times first tho.............ive seen a few different types cook made one i think there was an econ one for the three point linkage...i seem to remember a simple orange one may have been a ritchie or a daisy d            it was like dave towse`s rear single spike but it obviously rotated.............one shouldnt be too complicated for someone here....................sorry ive no pics

aye the grays one you used to clamp the ends of the bales and drive forward,we got an old one for the hydraulic ram ,used it afew times first tho.............ive seen a few different types cook made one i think there was an econ one for the three point linkage...i seem to remember a simple orange one may have been a ritchie or a daisy d            it was like dave towse`s rear single spike but it obviously rotated.............one shouldnt be too complicated for someone here....................sorry ive no pics

yep come to think of it remember them all now, memory just needed a jog. cooks unroller had moving rakes on a bed

yes so did the econ one from memory..there may have been a lister taylor one too which used a similar principal

grays unroller great in cubicle passages just that reversing is like russian roulette. the bale sits a long way back when raised from memory. you plenty of grunt in bedding yards  or plenty of run up when in deep litter but ok once you start unrolling them.