Bale elevator???

richie

This was there as well I think it is a bale elevator?? Here in western Australia I have not seen a bale sledge or flat eight system  they just let the bales drop out the back of the baler so you have all these single bales lying all over the field, (sorry they are called paddocks here.) and I think they use this to go round the field and load up the trailers one at a time. It seems like a time consuming job to me, But saying that there is no rush to get them in before the rain comes, Sometimes we dont see rain here for 3 months or more.

post-59-132638495257_thumb.jpg

Seems quite logical Richie. When we had dry summers in 75 & 76 we encountered problems with drag sledging bales behind the baler that we'd not previously met, namely bales breaking from strings fraying on the sandstone on the surface. The lighter crops meant we were dragging them much further before getting a full sledge and hence subjecting the strings to longer periods of abrasion. New Holland subsequently put groovers in the bale chamber of the new models to make the underside string recessed. Even when we came to handle them further ones would break under the extra strain of grabbing the strings....all extra hastle in the searing heat,grrrrrrr!!!!