Lackham maize silage 2008

Pingu

Well i took few pics a month or so back of when we were doing maize silage which aparently was one of the best they have had to date due no breakdowns and we all worked as a team very well and helped each other out  :) :) First 2 pics are of Valtra T151 and forager loading him. The fleet was

Claas 800 forager

Merlo 34.7 on pit (which is terrible no push and i know have spent 5 outta 11 days on pit)

JCB 531-70 (brilliant machine)

Valtra T151

Fendt 415

JD 6800

JD 6220

Claas 617

post-132-132638978064_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638978074_thumb.jpg

My steed for most the time Fendt 415 on 11 ton marshall and i will say 4 cylinder at 150-160 hp what is the point!! Buy a 716 everytime nice to drive but no guts in that engine really isnt  :'( :'(

Then other main bit is Merlo 34.7 it can't push for anything whereas JCB I had is a dream 2 pushes and 11 ton is gone :)

post-132-132638978081_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638978094_thumb.jpg

Aye they sure were new this year nice trailers really paintworks still not the best but very well built track well and very stable on the road and field.  Yer saw him we got alot cleared that day he was with us got all fields we had along the drive done so went well but aint half slow doing 170 more acres with 4 rows :D  Hanraads is his normal self still chilled and laid back

ive driven all of that

the merlo is rubbish and it got put where it belongs the other day a hedge!

when i was on the pit on the weapon of a jcb i were steamin up there. josh and me did a superb job

the fendt is lush machine but as u you said gutless but still gd good for hauling on a 11t up and down bowden hill

the valarie ha ha! is ok just very bug for the ammount of hp you get

the 6800 is the best tractor at collage by far! then the 6220

the claas is gutless and tiny hp for its size and has the worst turning circle 4 for what it is

havnt driven the forager yet although she does sound like a gem but the contractors forager which is chipped what a puppy smokes tho though! bad but no smoke no poke

**** was saying were hopefully going to get a newer 1

MODIFIED FOR TEXT TALK

ive driven all of that

the merlo is rubbish and it got put where it belongs the other day a hedge!

when i was on the pit on the weapon of a jcb i were steamin up there. josh and me did a superb job

the fendt is lush machine but as u you said gutless but still gd good for hauling on a 11t up and down bowden hill

the valarie ha ha! is ok just very bug for the ammount of hp you get

the 6800 is the best tractor at collage by far! then the 6220

the claas is gutless and tiny hp for its size and has the worst turning circle 4 for what it is

havnt driven the forager yet although she does sound like a gem but the contractors forager which is chipped what a puppy smokes tho though! bad but no smoke no poke

**** was saying were hopefully going to get a newer 1

MODIFIED FOR TEXT TALK

He says that every year mate so it wont happen trust me!! Well you saw mate how bad merlo was on how bad i was struggling to keep up on my own for that afternoon but all good fun i was keeping up just.  Nah that fendt for 150-160hp was a disapointment really was having driven a 714 and 716 that engine diserves to be in the bin!!

You'll have fun come grass though be loving it ;) especially with new claas coming that will be a weapen trust me

Is there any word of Lackham closing in the not too distant future, Phil? Hearing rumours about a huge Wiltshire College restructuring program.

Well i wouldnt be surprised as they joined with salsbury college last year in which still feeling the problems lack of lecturers and loosing alot of funding for ag side thing.  First year i started there budget for workshop repairs etc fors 24k that has now been slashed to 8k :( but people that are suffering is us students I'm seriously contemplating going back to work now its got that bad :'(