Grass seeders - help please

MODELFARMER

Ok guys

I want a grass seeder, like an opico varicast, i want to mount it onto my powerharrow then remove it when i want to put on the seeddrill.

Whats out there sililar to a vario cast? cause they are about 4grand too expensive, i'm looking to buy for about £1800 . . . maybe not possible?

You are probably looking for a seeder that will cover a fair area of ground if you are seeding out large fields but I have an ideal little machine for my farm as the biggest field I have is 11 acres. It's a Thomas grass-seeder, 3 point linkage mounted and is basically a square frame with 2 folding wooden boxes that fold out to a working position to a width of 10 feet, it is ground driven by two solid tyred wheels on a fixed axle bar with a cog and flat-link chain to another wheel with 2 L shaped bits of metal that contact the right-angled ends of the bars that go through the boxes with the brushes on. It's surprising how quick you can seed out a field with it. My father bought it from a neighbour who was retiring back in th mid 1970's for £9 and it's seeded out more acres than I care to remember. Very simple machine but very effective.