New tractor

ford4ever

Speaking with my cousin today.toying with the idea of spending €54k on a 120hp Deutz with loader or 45k on 6330 premium series jd ,1 yr old imported from UK with 800 hrs or possibly purchasing new JD her but costing in region of 70k.Your thoughts please.

Also to be considered with 2nd hand one is condition of tyres and service having imported v.s a deutz dealer not renonwed for his back up service but who might deal at 50k v's a local jd dealer with good rep.

He is buying straight and holding on to a wrecked 1982ish deutx 6607 and 1989 ish same lazer 90 .

Same ,MF and Case dealers reasonably near by.

Your comments/Suggestions please

F

Would recommend a Valtra N101 with Quicke loader aftter my experience with them.

Had a small go on a Hurlimann K120 and liked it also as did my friend who owns the Valtra so if he is looking at the Deutz, also look at the Same and Hurlimann and Lamborghini options.

For loader work a NH T5040 would suit also.

New loader is near €10k now so that needs to be factored in the price for the 6330.

Dealers are under pressure so should be easy to deal.

ye id go with nash nh t5040 nice and small and reliable , maybe a nh t6020 bit more power better cab for visability ,same as the 5040 its a 4 cyl ;)  or a 6cyl nh t6030 for a bit more power and better luggin power  :D  ;) i suppose the delta would be cheaper to cover the loader :-\ :) but personally id go for the 6030 as you cant beat a 6 cyl  ;)

I am a deere man as you probarly know. but that deere sounds a bit expensive unless it is coming with the loader fitted for 45k. at our local dealer there are these for sale 6930 2007 1200hrs  £56500 or 6830 2007 1650hrs, 6630 2007 1335 hrs £ 39500. or more your cousins size 6230 2008 75hrs £29500. but get the best deal you can with a look atresale and good dealer back up 

07 63 series with 600hrs ,front loader with bucket and shear grab at 43k.looks like a deal may be done in next few hours.

Thanks for the advice.

F

New Hollands were ruled out as no local dealer and no history in the area of same and he looked at the valtra at the machinery show but found them a little basic and wasn't that impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good deal to me also - make sure you get a go on it Fintan :D :D

Have been offered a go but considering he was in the middle of spreading slurry and I had a suit on I declined.Hope to get back there this weekend for a spin.Will take better pics as it was dusk when i called yesterday evening

As a matter of interests Fintan do you know what he got for the other 2? If you don't want to say on here PM me ;)

When you said wrecked I had a lot worse in my head ;) ;)

He hasn't sold any of them yet and is undecided what to do.The farm has had 2 tractors since 1980 and I cant see him getting rid of both.The deutz is handy on the lower sheds with the lower roof and he is after putting €400 into it.He might give it away yet to a cousin who has give plenty of good(and reasonably cheap) financial advice over the years. :D :D :D :D :DThe same might get a few thou

You wish!!

The Deutz would be worth about 1500-2000 depending on her mechanical situation.

Same would proabably be worth 4-4500. Again depending on condition ;)

2 tractors are always better - my friend made a mistake of going from 2 to 1 and then he priced up a set of row crop wheels for his new pride and joy and it turned out a DX 85 was cheaper - he then got a diet feeder to give him the excuse to have 2 :D :D