Cleaning Ditches and looking for a drain

Murray

Nice pictures Murray :);)

Is that Kubota digger ok ??? the Kubota I drive is really clunky and yellow ::)

cheers Cerin  ;)

oh yes my uncle re-painted her and what not, it seems ok you can get alot more out her than what you think, i nearly ended up in the ditch yesterday with her, un even ground  ::)

cheers Cerin  ;)

oh yes my uncle re-painted her and what not, it seems ok you can get alot more out her than what you think, i nearly ended up in the ditch yesterday with her, un even ground  ::)

i thought the one i used was re sprayed ::) ::)

yeah they are power ful ;)

Get yourself a couple of small L shaped metal rods Murray and go divining for the drain, you'll be surprised how accurate that method can be, found several land drains like that in the past, the simple methods are the best ones :)

well my boss said his dad used to do it Gav but he used a Y shaped piece of willow but it had to have the sap in it, he said when his dad did it the stick would almost snap he was that good at it  :-\

cheers for the tip Gav ;)

Coat hanger wire is ideal, when they go out at 90 degrees to your body or cross over you're on top of or near the pipe, sounds a bit easier than a bit of sappy willow to me :D :D

Coat hanger wire is ideal, when they go out at 90 degrees to your body or cross over you're on top of or near the pipe, sounds a bit easier than a bit of sappy willow to me :D :D

i was thinking the same Gav but i would be surprised if coat hangers was out 60 year ago  ::):D, but i will give your tip ago next weekend imagine how silly i will look walking about a field with a coat hanger  :o:D

nice pics Murray, you say its boring but if it was me, as long as my radio is working i would be happy :D:)

yeah that's why i was un happy matty not a radio in sight got the phone out tho, that soon solved it but shania twain gets a bit boring  ::):D

i was thinking the same Gav but i would be surprised if coat hangers was out 60 year ago  ::):D, but i will give your tip ago next weekend imagine how silly i will look walking about a field with a coat hanger  :o:D

Cant you get radio on your phone Murray?  :)

yeah that's why i was un happy matty not a radio in sight got the phone out tho, that soon solved it but shania twain gets a bit boring  ::):D

looks a joy of a job compared to keep having to jump down and move the tractor up every few feet and then climb back up and sit in the rain/wind all day, on a slight incline the arm couldn't push you forward to stay on the seat. ( you kids have got it so easy these days.... ::);D

We used to have a steel probe for locating the pipe, boy that made your hands sore and sweat keep pushing that in 3 foot or so, not so bad if the pipe had clinker backfill as you could feel that was so different from just soil on most of the 2" pipes that are up to 4 feet deep on some of our old ground. Over the years we dug them out cleaned them, increased the fall towards the stream and filled them back in for another hundred years service. ::) They were just too solidly blocked to rod out though most were OK.

we sure do have it easy alright  8) 8)

well he reckoned it was 50 m up the park but he could not remember and i was atleast digging 70 metre up the park  :D maybe try some of you old duffers tricks next weekend it may help  8)