County Galway Ploughing Championship

ford4ever

countyploughing032.jpg

a new irish manuifacturer Malone engineering from Mayo-especially built for soft irish land

countyploughing033.jpg

my 2 who came with me for the day while mum had a relaxing mothers day at home(making the dinner) :D :D

countyploughing035.jpg

home advantage-think this is the land owner who happens to be chairman of galway ploughing and has represented galway at the ploughing championship many times(hence why they might have travelled up to support him)

countyploughing022.jpg

the landowner and his son were large silage contractors who sold up 3 seasons ago .they have appeared before on the road with Fintan and run a deutz 150,08 jd 7430,08 jd 6930,08 same 150 ,08 smaller deutz c100 hp and deutz 130 with the new holland competition ploughing tractor pulled in from time to time.also run 3 artics since they got out of silage

countyploughing036.jpg

countyploughing037.jpg

countyploughing038.jpg

countyploughing039.jpg

countyploughing040.jpg

Tell them spectators to get off the plots - if you did that down my way you would be shot :D :D

shows my ignorance -wasn't aware that a no no. Its very tempting especially with 2 kids ,limited time and wanting to get to the other side to get a pic

Billy Donnelly came all the way up from Wexford to compete :o :o (JD 2650)

a fair old way all right but the company out west is good.What part of wexford are you based??

countyploughing046.jpg

close up of the jd seen earlier