Potatoe harvesting.

Light Land

New digger this year,A 14 tonne 4 row Lockwood (USA).These are popular harvestors in my area and have a very good reputation on the light land.

A jet stream of air powered by a 150hp motor mounted on the harvestor lifts the spuds off web,no stones need to be picked off with this system.

DSC02205.jpg

CVX170190westfarm.jpg

Wow! Ol that is some serious kit being run. Spud harvester sound like an interesting harvesting technique. As for the trailers, they look the business on the back of those tractors. Excellent photo's. Wish I could have seen this kind of thing going on during my trip.

I bet that load makes that Magnum purrrr ;D

Anything less from a magnum would'nt be cricket would it nash.

Wow! Ol that is some serious kit being run. Spud harvester sound like an interesting harvesting technique. As for the trailers, they look the business on the back of those tractors. Excellent photo's. Wish I could have seen this kind of thing going on during my trip.

Although this contractor is in a big way,the owner can be found at the wheel of a CVX or fixing somthing in the middle of the night,he's a top bloke realy.

That are some great pictures Ol. I would love to here that sound on that field.

texas

I was thinking of you while taking the pictures Bas.

Impressive pics Ol, those trailers are some size........ :o

I've got some pics of the usual planting crew to get up soon........ ;)

Cheers mart.

some trailers, and some lifter

Only way to do it mate.

• 2 weeks later...