PTO guard for front linkage

Barry

Question

Hello everyone......(how are you)

I need some PTO guards, round ones (not an oval one like the ones on Weise Fendt 824)

Anybody any ideas or know where to get them from? (NOT PMA as its uneconomical with the P&P)

I don't really want to dismantle a model just for the PTO guard (it might come to that!!!)

Ive done all the sentances with a little comment in brackets at the end (which is nice)

16 answers to this question

Hello Barry (I am fine)

I presume you mean the guard on the back of a tractor? (not the one on the shaft itself)

If so, why don't you just make one out of a very thin piece of brass sheet (I'm sure a man like you could do it)

Do you see what I did there? (with the brackets I mean... ;))

Sorry, should have been more precise....front linkage PTO guard, like this

ford7810frontlinksFORROB-1.jpg

So far ive done this....1 pen

P210409_130501.jpg

Cut the nib off and put a piece of plastic in the bottom which i'll add a hexagon piece in for the PTO shaft

P210409_130601.jpg

But it was the crimps that i'd seen on here before, just couldn't remember what or where it was,

cheers Murray  :)

Oof that 78 is giving me damp patches.... Are you making one like that?  ;D

And yes, you should have been more goddam precise... honestly... ::)

I like that idea with the crimps... clever and effective.... Thanks Muzz.... ;):)

Yeah, you could pull some bit*hes in that baby.... ;):D Straight through exhaust, some neons, big sub on the front linkage..... :o:D

Would look really cool with all the other civil servants astras and focusses on the car park too... you'd be the daddy... ;);D

Yeah, you could pull some bit*hes in that baby.... ;) :D Straight through exhaust, some neons, big sub on the front linkage..... :o:D

Would look really cool with all the other civil servants astras and focusses on the car park too... you'd be the daddy... ;);D

that would be an interesting sight to see in clubland  :D :D