toy fair at newton abbot 10th of may

nathan

westcountry farm models will be going to this which is at newton abbot racecorse on the 10th of may

in devon, can't say what it like as i have never been maybe a few of you have and can share some light on it for others ;)

I always go to this little fair. Only a 1/4 the size of Exeter one as the size of the venue indoors is quite small. The area seems more model train orientated being right by the station. It is growing and more stalls are appearing each time and there are a few farm related stalls. The asking prices are not as expensive as Exeter as the trader stallholders are more local and and know that prices down here have to be proportionate to the area and the buyers pocket so there are relative bargains to be found. Held 5 times a year in the betting hall at the racecourse with just as much parking as Exeter and there is often, especially in the summer, a giant car boot sale outside on the racecourse running at the same time. In the betting hall there is a very small counter and seating area where they serve tea coffee and cakes for refreshment and there are very good toilet facillities. Entry fee is just £1 and it is a very freindly event. Being only about 12 miles from me its nice and close. The venue is on the outskirts of the town in Newton Road Kingsteignton to be exact and is opposite the large Tesco. Anyone going from the A38 follow the Newton Abbot directions from Drumbridges roundabout and follow the signs to the racecourse, which from that end is on the right. Coming from Exeter or Torquay/Teignmouth, come off at the roundabout to Kingsteignton and follow the signs to Newton Abbot and from that end the racecource is on the left.

• 2 weeks later...

todays show was small but ok. saw a few friendly faces before westpoint. was mostly trains and busses but there was a few bargins to be had. i saw a boxed ertl remote control jd 7410 which i have never seen before and the worst i saw was a britains mf 6140 with a ertl 3050 mf cab on it and he wanted £15 for it :-X:-[::)???:o :o :o :o :o i offered him some cash for the cab and he said no . we will go again . next time will be on the 9th of august.

Nice to see you and the wife there today Nathan. There were indeed some bargains. I've already done the Ford Pre-Force 5000, that one is finished, just ordered up a new pair of rear wheels for the Force 5000 so will do that one when they come. Not bad at £20 the pair, in fact the same chap had an early green diecast log wagon, the one with red plastic wheels and tractor drawbar and with the 2 5000's was £38 all together and the red NH conventional balers at 2 quid each had to have them. Its strange though that some of the stall holders at Newton who also go to Westpoint don't ask as much for their stuff at Newton. It always was a very strong train and railway orientated fair.