John Deere 9420T precision

Now I know that this is supposed to be for "New" models and the JD 9420T is an old one but I can't find anywhere on the forum that it has been reviewed before so I thought I would have a go  ;) ;) ;) ;)

The 9420T is an ERTL precision model in 1/32 scale and is one of the few that Ertl have done in this scale, the others are the 8400, 8340 and 8350, that in itself makes it collectable to me, most of their other models are in the American 1/16 scale.

The model comes well packed and has a booklet about the real tractor and the gold medal showing it to be part of the Precision series

P7170001.jpg

Once it is unpacked it is a heavy metal model with a large amount of detailing, the left side has steps and a grab rail and the cab door opens showing a good amount of the interior. The lights are painted on and I would have preferred if they were either jewelled or at least clear plastic

P7170004.jpg

Similarly the right hand side has a meaty looking exhaust and air filter

P7170009.jpg

The view from the front is purposeful and shows it means business  ;D ;D ;D

P7170008.jpg

Now on to the bits that I really do like  ;) ;)

The bonnet hinges forwards and the engine detailing is second to none, I don't ever remember seeing any other model with as much engine detail as this one, there are pipes going everywhere and it must be a plumbers nightmare. The radiator is well represented as are the other main components such as the turbo and the alternator

view from the left

P7170005.jpg

View from the right

P7170006.jpg

At the rear it is very much an American towing machine, there is no linkage but it has a swinging drawbar and realistic tow pin, it has a full hydraulic block with individual pipes going to the block and I particularly like the little warning decals at the side of the drawbar

P7170007.jpg

All in all I would give it 9.5/10 and, as they have been out of production for some time now it can only increase in value. I would say it is a must have for the dedicated John Deere collector