Britains linkbox

dmonty

The blue linkbox was never sold on its own, it was in a set with churns, bales and sacks, two different boxes, first one with the Fordson Major on it and the second with the Ford 6600. The green linkbox was actually called a stock box as it had a diagonal hinged rail back end and was the same depth on all sides and deeper than the blue linkbox. I must admit that I personally have not seen the yellow stock box. Blue ones that I have come across over the last couple of years, complete, were priced between £2 and £3 at toy fairs.

The blue linkbox was never sold on its own, it was in a set with churns, bales and sacks, two different boxes, first one with the Fordson Major on it and the second with the Ford 6600.

Just to add to that - when that set (9545) was deleted from the catalogue at the end 1987,  the blue Link Box reappeared in a new bubble packed set (7167) from 1988 to 1992 with the Labourer with Sack (2066), Shetland Pony and rider (2085) and Sheepdog (2222) in addition to the bales, sacks and churns.

The blue was based on a real one originally made by Ransomes. the later green and yellow ones were modelled on a Twose box.