Taarup Double Chop Harvester

seanmac

Question

Greetings ALL -

First time visitor to your site - extremely impressive and great collections.

I am hoping there's a member who can help me.

I am am trying to find a double chop Taarup toy model that we had on our farm years ago but am not having much success -  I'm even struggling to a find a picture of the actual one my father had anywhere on the web ! I know Valley models in NI and CG Models have some single chop models but they differ than the one I'm looking for. Taarup http://www.cg-models.com/english.htm

The actual Taarup we had, did not have a side mounted PTO / Hitch as these models below have. Our one had the PTO coming straight over the tow bar of the harvester.

The PTO housing would have been immediately inside the wheel on the right. The towbar could be adjusted on a cast Iron bracket (swivel plate) which had a number of guide holes for swinging the harvester in and out. I've attached a rough sketch for reference - you'll have to excuse the pen work :)

I am wondering if you've ever come across any such toy models of this type of Taarup or if perhaps you know of someone who has made some previously ? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance :)

Sean McWeeney (Boston and Longford Ireland)

post-2395-13263920025_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Yes - I'm Irish indeed. Living in Boston these last 10 years but home regularly. I see Valley models are in Ireland - dropped them a mail a little earlier so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks a million for responding there fellas - great leads to go on !!  ;D