• john deere 7930
    • massey 7499
    • new holland T6090
    • case cvx 225

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the baling scene jez,well its mdf dust,very fine,i will be adding specks of green scatter into the scene to make it more realistic,i seal it with very waterey pva,so it stays were it should stay,but yes thats the final effect,just backgrounds to add,all my layout  shows what i drive,i had to to take a big decision to do this,i have had several models,big stuff usually,the layout did start as a velcourt layout,but i only done one harvest with them,these guys i have worked for nearly 3 years know,the other scenes will be a maize scene,a drilling scene and a muckspreading scene,i also have twp dioramas that are free licence,although we have 2 bateman r16 sprayers ,i have used the uh sprayer,the other free licence scene will be a cow feeding scene with a recently bought new holland t 6020 and loads of stuff from mandy,a scene i see almost everyday in the autumn/winter where i live

forgot to say included in the cattle feeding scene will be a hedgecutting scene,using a converted britains spearhead hedgecutter,which will become a mcconnell

Yes Paul your layout is coming on really well I like the baling scene it looks really realistic thats my next job sort out some realistic bales I have done some uh round bales now its time for the square big bales. keep up the good work :)

Yes Paul your layout is coming on really well I like the baling scene it looks really realistic thats my next job sort out some realistic bales I have done some uh round bales now its time for the square big bales. keep up the good work :)

getting there now mike,hopefully some more posts later in the week

Well mate, I trid the pva and water trick on some CEMENT powder and it did not work.

I used some pieces of carpet for stubble. They were at the toytrac display.

Here:

perhaps somebody on here can say why that didnt work jez,i dont know why it didnt,however when i used cement for my tracks around my fields i stuck it  down with pva,and it didnt need anything to hold it after that,the mdf dust straw windrows i just placed,then i sprayed the pva/watery mixture to hold it there,does that make sense? i just read that back and it doesnt sound very clear jez!!!!!!!!

couple of updates

2x1 batten fixed with mega grip,i picked up my sheet of 3mm mdf, cut for me in 7 and 10 inch lengths the full length of the 8x4 sheet,when the megagrip has dried,tomorrow night i will fix the 7 and 10 inch lengths of mdf,and the next night i will apply mandys backgound scenery with wallpaper paste

post-1891-132639520925_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639520937_thumb.jpg

i think mandys parcel has turned up,postie wouldnt leave it with neighbours,so i will pick it up tomorrow,the parcel should contain ring feeder,scatter,cows,2 different type of hedges,1 gate and hedgecutter decals,all these items will be based around my latest tractor  purchase ,uh new holland t6020 which will be bringing food to the cattle ,it will include a britains dog,1 of 2 i got off ebay for 99p and a fendt on the hedgecutter

post-1891-132639520953_thumb.jpg

post-1891-13263952097_thumb.jpg

Looking tidy Paul! How many of these machines are on the farm where you work?

all or the nearest equilevant,for example we run a claas quadrant 2200,for my layout i used a uh 3400,basically the contractors run 2x 818 and 1x 820 and 1x 718 fendt a jd 6830 premium and a massey 8450,a massey 135  hitched to power a pressure washer,3 claas combines,lexion 550 ,480 and a tucano, and to much machinery to list,we dont run a new holland but i said in a previous post i see many of these nh's with loaders in the winter months,so i wanted to replicate that