Radio controlled John Deere

I was just wondering if after 12 months out in the field how these machines were doing in the harduous conditions of carpet farming. Has there been any major warranty issues, how do people compare it to the Siku RC tractors.

I have not purchased yet, just interested to see if people think they are better or, worse than they thought they would be.

tractorman314

never had the ertl r/c but have had dealings with the siku ones, think the siku one's are great for all ages, bit limited to applications but in general there not bad. not heard too many great points on the ertl versions but its all personal choice.

• 3 weeks later...

•     I tried a  Britains RC 7930 for a year ago, and in my opinion that model is a big mistake.  It could almost not turn, because of the small steering angle of the front  wheels, the hitch is just as bad as on the normal Britains models and the  movement, up and down, was almost not there. The battery is so big that it hide  the back of the cab(physical the double size of the Siku batterys) , but the  capacity is still only on 200 mAh which is the same as the old Siku SC  tractors, and they are too small. On example the new Siku 8430T the battery has  a capacity of 850 mAh. The antenna is double as high as the model, there is  horn, enginesound and when the model go backwards it say bib bib bib like on a  wheel loader...?
    I must admit  that I could compare the pulling power, because the battery on the model I  tried was almost flat, so maybe they pull well.
    But as  Dangray says it is a personal choice...but I think you should wait for the Siku  RC 8345R which come this year...
    Take care  from Denmark...Nekarstoft