Anybody know of this tractor?

juno

Found this tractor for sale on ebay. The seller says it is a Fordson R27N, that it is made by UH and is a 1/43 scale.

I can't find any info about a Fordson R27N. I think the seat and steering wheel are set too far back for it to be an E27N.

Would appreciate any feedback.

post-2114-132639285657_thumb.jpg

It is an E27N, and I think it was the first one in this scale that UH released in the 'Hachette' series that has now been re-released as 'Tractors And The World Of Farming' in the U.K. The model you picture is not quite right as the back end resembles the earlier Standard Fordson elements of the real tractor modelled from may have been retro fitted with Standatd F parts or perhaps an early export example of the E27N. The black bands around the wheels are road bands, a legal requirement at the time to be able to drive a steel wheeled tractor on the metalled roadway.

Its a bitsa. Mostly bits of a standard fordson ie engine, fuel tank, gearbox, rear axle,front axle, wheels, steering column, engine and mudguards, and bits of an e27n ie radiator and looks like the air filter too as this appears to be to far back for an N. I could be wrong on this part though.