some pictures from work

05rich

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen that place before, Rich!  :)

What has happened to it now, is it on the market for development or what then?

well , i am glad to say houses are not being built on it tris

its already sold , nobody knows who to yet , but the word is that wynstay (is that the right spelling?) are having the back workshops and a small supermarket (nisa,spar etc) are having the front shop and stores part.

nice updates rich, been there plenty of times, the new site is alot better, more room to move about and its closer to where i work, might pop in when im on the road for suckleys lugging, ill drop by as im only going to be driving a few hundred metres away on the bipass

nice updates rich, been there plenty of times, the new site is alot better, more room to move about and its closer to where i work, might pop in when im on the road for suckleys lugging, ill drop by as im only going to be driving a few hundred metres away on the bipass

jordan the new site is better i agree other than one thing , the worshop , instead of having two smaller workshops we now have one massive workshop which is hard to keep warm when its cold and genrly is not as practical as the old one

yeah , we still got suckleys old 8430 in 

• 1 month later...

not got many photos lately , been to busy  :laugh: 

i quickly snapped these yesterday , my first brakes job , this was a 6420 , had to take the axels etc off

i have been doing more and more big jobs lately , as i have also done several front linkages and afew loaders plus a head gasket , and new piston on a 6430 , sadly no pictures

and a 3800 handler which is recieving a new ram that someone else is doing , first one of these that has been in since i started working here

post-1120-13263988062_thumb.jpg

post-1120-132639880653_thumb.jpg

post-1120-132639880689_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

long time since i posted here , been busy at work doing bigger and better jobs , hardly washing and cleaning tractors anymore, also i have started the john deere college course which means every now and the i have to spend a couple of weeks in nottingham. i will try and get more photos for you to see.

firstly i pdi'ed this tractor and fitted the front linkage and extra work lights on the roof. you can see it working in jordans agri photos topic

sorry the picture is blurd

DSC00007.jpg

Edited by 05rich

you really have been busy then rich, i went to nottingham many years ago when the 10 series was big on the market. its good to see what goes on at the dealers, makes a change to just seeing working equipment. or whats out on the yard. have you had many problems with the 7R series? ive heard quite a few havnt been put together properly

That is one hell of a job you have on there! I hope the new workshop has an overhead gantry crane or the HSE man will wet his pants!

Out of interest, do you work on hours to do the job under warranty or is it a set allowance?

I have rebuilt a number of Voith, Renck, IHI, and Lohmann Stohlterfort gearboxes and epicyclic transmissions for commercial ships, but there is always two or three of us doing it, and we usually have to call in the heavy lifting gear as well. You have way more sundry parts to take off than we do, pro drives, hydraulics etc. You need a good memory or good quality control!

And at least the machines are still relatively new, taking apart gearboxes that have 50,000 hours on them and 8 years of grime and paint is seriously not fun.