JRO Griffiths & Sons

jordantaylor

i now work on a 3600 acre arable farm in shropshire, they have 1100 acres of potatos and currently stand at the second largest potato grower in telford area. they also grow carrots, leeks, onions, wheat, barley and OSR. they ave many farms on one large strech of road and 14 potato stores capable of holding up to 100 tonnes each

due to the size the have some cracking equipment and can be up to 40 tractors working on the farm at any one time, i will try and get pictures when i can of each peice of kit

here are some pictures at the moment though

and yes they have a contract with walkers

first pictures show the elavator i was using stacking spuds in a temporary store

post-2337-132639478313_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639478347_thumb.jpg

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this fella i went for a job with ,was in a big way had 25 john deeres plus others ..grew spuds,corn and allsorts and had 200 beef cows  ..think he was more shifnl area

no, these guys are allscot way and were the biggest growers of sugarbeet when the factory was around

Keep the pictures coming. Good to see a Salop trailer still earning its keep. That's a beast of a JCB shovel, is it used regularly?

yes the old equipment is still used regularly, the jcb is a great meachine but i think if i heard right there might be a 416 coming next year. the pics will keep coming and ill get some from in the stores. the carrot harvest is not too far off but there are still 400 acres of spuds to do so plenty of pics left to come