Resin or whitemaetal

agates

Question

I wish to make some parts and hopefully whole tractors.  Is it best to use resin or whitemetal or does it depend on the size of the parts?  I have heard of the front axles on tractors drooping when they have been made of whitemetal but I thought a lot of Britains, etc used whitemetal for these.  I'm looking at 1/16 scale tractors so they will be quite heavy.  My preference is for metal but any advice and past experience would be most helpful.  I assume UH are mainly whitemetal of some sort?  Also any contacts who can make moulds and cast these materials would be useful.

1 answer to this question

UH are lightweight zinc alloy I believe.

Resin I would think is the best option, but for fairly complex parts, Brass should probably be considered to give more strength and support. Especially for areas which will be under constant loading.