Best tractor to weather?

which of these tractors are best to weather? they will all go with an implement which will also be weathered, which is stated in the descriptions.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. which of these tractors are best to weather? they will all go with an implement which will also be weathered, which is stated in the descriptions.

• UH Fendt 818 + samson muck spreader
    • Britains New Holland 6635 on duals + old set of rolls
    • Ertl John Deere 6410 + Marston trailer for carting muck

you know me josh i would just do all of them ,if you don't like the way they turn out at least you will could sell them on and generate some funds to replace them ,one thing is for sure i don't think you be out of pocket  ;) selling them as a set

you know me josh i would just do all of them ,if you don't like the way they turn out at least you will could sell them on and generate some funds to replace them ,one thing is for sure i don't think you be out of pocket  ;) selling them as a set

That's very true mate, the only thing im worried about is if it goes wrong and makes a mess of the tractor, then i can't sell it for anything  :-\ so i might pay someone to do it and then sell it on for more than usual, seriously considering having a stand at spalding in october.

jst do what i do and use a water bottle with a spray nozzle and some fine dirt. it sticks a dream and if you dnt like it you just wipe it off and you can wait for it to dry then wet certain parts and it looks like its just got mucky again

i could do i suppose, not too sure yet though, maybe get it done by somebody else, but we will see.

If you are worried about ruining your models why not practise on a old model or one you wont mind ruining. Have a go and don't get carried away. :)

i could i suppose, knowing my luck i would get carried away have half of my collection dirtyed and leave mud tracks all the way through the house, i don't think mum would be too impressed  :laugh:

i could i suppose, knowing my luck i would get carried away have half of my collection dirtyed and leave mud tracks all the way through the house, i don't think mum would be too impressed  :laugh:

Yes I find weathering very addictive and have done most of mine. :)

You don't have to go over the top and plaster them mud. The Tamiya weathering master kits are good for 'dirtying' up the model to the shine off. Then some rust coloured paint on the ares that will rust.

That's what I used on my UH 7810.

post-3217-132639754237_thumb.jpg

yeah i will see as i'm focusing on my current project at the moment, i am in the process of making a layout for at home and also making a small 3x4 foot one to take to shows, just designing my show one at the moment, it will be out at spalding in october, i'm just hoping the layout will fit on the table and it doesn't overhang or anything and get knocked.