John Deere 8000 series - Cab info request

Barry

I am going to have a go at making a John Deere 8520.

I have got the Ertl 8520 model on order from ebay USA (cheers for the pointer Pete) for the correct style bonnet.

I am now looking at which cab to use, but can't find any definative info.

I believe the first 8000 series cab was called the 'Commandview' cab

So, in 1/32 model terms, would the same cab be used on the Ertl 8400, Ertl 8530 and Ertl 8430?

The cab roof's are different too.

What i'm thinking of doing is using the cab from an Ertl 8430, getting the cab roof from an Ertl 8400 and sticking them together.......but would this be correct?

Have driven 8-00, 20 and 30 series and can't recall there being a huge amount of difference. Main one being the roof. Apart from the thickness of it, the 00s had the front work lights moulded into it and the 20s didn't. The finner roof came along with the 30s. The front side light/ indicator stem may also be different as would be any other work lights. The cab steps were also different on the 00s as was the mudguard shape. I've plenty of photo's of an 8420 if they are any use to you.

Superb Tim, thanks for taking the time to do them  [img alt=:-*]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/kiss.gif

No problem Barry. Glad to be of some help.

I see that's from Burdens mate, whereabouts was this? I was at Burdens in sutterton this morning 

Yes Josh it was from Burdens, I work on a farm just out of Sutterton.

Superb Tim, thanks for taking the time to do them  [img alt=:-*]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/kiss.gif

No problem Barry. Glad to be of some help.

I see that's from Burdens mate, whereabouts was this? I was at Burdens in sutterton this morning 

Yes Josh it was from Burdens, I work on a farm just out of Sutterton.

I don't mean to be nosey but, who's is it then?

i have just had a look at my brochures and as far as i can tell the 8020 and 8030 cabs are pretty much identical ( bar the roof obviously )

as for the roof try a ertl 9420t precision one, i am sure i have seen someone on here casting them ?

Gonna see what the cab roof is like on the 8520 model that is coming, if its the right size then will get that cast and use. otherwise, i'll take the roof of the 8420T i have and get that cast :)

Now looking at the Ertl 8520 bonnet in more detail and i'm not sure until i get it that it is accurate, the front seems to high, but will wait until the model arrives from USAbefore i can be sure.