Terra-gator 2104

NCC

Happend to stumble across this beast today after taking a wrong turning. Looked to be spreading slag on some rather wet grassland, hence the wooden planks around the loading area. Was being loaded up by a Komatsu PC 160  360 excavator painted in the same colours as the terra-gator unfortunately the camera died on me and I never managed to get a pic of that :'( :'( :'(

post-3-132638513074_thumb.jpg

post-3-13263851308_thumb.jpg

post-3-132638513088_thumb.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh NCC you've made Deere-est a very happy bunny. Almost brings tears to my eyes with fond memories of spreading thousands of tonnes of sludge, scaring pensioners and beating XR2i's off the lights around Wiltshire and south Gloucestershire in one the very same!!! Doc, get building!!!

They certainly were Mark. Select a high gear, let her sit there under her own weight and when the light goes orange your gone. No clutch, no hand brake!! Sounds a bit lad-ish and you wouldnt want to do it too often but the time's you get a clown come up next to you in an 85bhp hot hatch or something giving it large stylee with the boom boom massif. . .. You just can't resist letting rip with 360hp, a plume of black smoke and a huge smile!! Apart from that, given their size and total height with a big old heap of biosolid these things are immensly stable in the field. Crabsteer makes them even better as you can stagger yourself sideways on when doing hillsides. Brillian machines, absoloutley brilliant. I only used them at weekends, I managed 560t in one day. Given an early start, fuelling and sevicing done the night before and a good 360 driver 900t a day wasn't unusual for the full timers.