Vegetable Farming in my area

JoshParkinson

Hillview wanted me to post up some photos from vegetable farming in my area, so this is just a random selection of photos i have taken from South Lincolnshire, around the Spalding area for anybody that knows it.

Planting Celery - April 2010

DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

Planting Potatoes - April 2011

P4010292.jpg

P4020301.jpg

P4020303.jpg

P4020305.jpg

superb josh, nice kit, there is a large lettuce producer up by me and they cover tens thousands of acres and have just invested in 3 jd 8345RT machines and 2 jd 8345R tractors for working the land down. they run also 29 jd 6430 premuims for the rigs and some jd 68/6930's for planting. the company is called PDM.

who is the company those machines belong to

some nice kit, love the fiat veg packer, theres lots of kit like that belonging to a lad wose yard is a 2 minute walk away, he has a bus to bring workers around and draws all the stuff to the yard with a  jcb fastrack, he bought 20 new jond deers in 09, some have since been replaced, some set up, must take some pics of it

superb josh, nice kit, there is a large lettuce producer up by me and they cover tens thousands of acres and have just invested in 3 jd 8345RT machines and 2 jd 8345R tractors for working the land down. they run also 29 jd 6430 premuims for the rigs and some jd 68/6930's for planting. the company is called PDM.

who is the company those machines belong to

Well the first one of the same is a celery farmer called neil hopkinson, not seen him around lately since i moved house.

Then spud planting is Proctor Bros

The Challenger powerharrowing with the front tank is LFP - 17,000 acres and 6 Challengers

and then the Challenger and the JD 6930 powerharrowing is also Proctor Bros

and finally the Fiat on the rig and the big JD on tracks belongs to D E Brand Produce

• 2 weeks later...