Fencing contractor/Post drivers

MF-ROB

Im thinking on a new job as the old car sales are slowing down big time :'(

Now just thinking and talking it over with my dad but it was thinking on heading into fencing and doing what ive always wanted to do and thats contracing so as i dont have the dingbats to buy a fleet of trailers i think il start small and want to be a one man band type a thing apart from the odd hand from my dad so...........

What type of Post driver should i buy i have around £2000-£2500 to spend

Or if theres anything elss that i could go into contracing wise  ;D 

I have used a Quantock post rammer, very very good. Strong machine and good for banging in straining posts and because of the mast tilt you can bang the struts part way in too, then chain saw the notch out in the post and push the strut home. It had mast fore and aft movement, side to side movement and the side to side tilt. The knocker was controlled in cab but a spare spool is fitted should you wish to use it for operating the knocker from outside.

It was an older version of this one I think.

http://www.quantockfarmmachinery.co.uk/machinery/post-drivers/pd5

Im thinking on a new job as the old car sales are slowing down big time :'(

Now just thinking and talking it over with my dad but it was thinking on heading into fencing and doing what ive always wanted to do and thats contracing so as i dont have the dingbats to buy a fleet of trailers i think il start small and want to be a one man band type a thing apart from the odd hand from my dad so...........

What type of Post driver should i buy i have around £2000-£2500 to spend

Or if theres anything elss that i could go into contracing wise  ;D

If its not already taken,Hedge cutting could be way of you starting up,I know its just what we need around here and with so many farms having lanes They have to be trimmed,Just an Idea

I have used a Quantock post rammer, very very good. Strong machine and good for banging in straining posts and because of the mast tilt you can bang the struts part way in too, then chain saw the notch out in the post and push the strut home. It had mast fore and aft movement, side to side movement and the side to side tilt. The knocker was controlled in cab but a spare spool is fitted should you wish to use it for operating the knocker from outside.

It was an older version of this one I think.

http://www.quantockfarmmachinery.co.uk/machinery/post-drivers/pd5

Thanks for the link Tris that looks like a very strong machine  do you know how much there going for  :) dose your work still have that MF3125 ha ha! lovely big yoke she is to

If its not already taken,Hedge cutting could be way of you starting up,I know its just what we need around here and with so many farms having lanes They have to be trimmed,Just an Idea

Thanks John hedgeing will be a thing i will have to look into a friend of the family dose hedge cutting around us also our contractor dose our work as well and i wouldnt want to steal there work  :-[ maybe hedge laying could be a thing to look at i think the whole art of contracing and do well at it is to look at the area your in and find something that people are not doing  :-\

Thanks for the link Tris that looks like a very strong machine  do you know how much there going for  :) dose your work still have that MF3125 :) lovely big yoke she is to

It sold the day after you saw it I think, for the asking price too. So it must have been a bargain! A 6290 arrived yesterday on an 02, that will be the farms tractor I should think.